POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Distorded distant sphere : Distorded distant sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Distorded distant sphere
From: Jester
Date: 30 Dec 2002 15:06:30
Message: <4t811vskqkvd1nk1i7g7dc1o69i3q0t2rd@4ax.com>
Hi.

I'm new to POV - I've been playing with it for a couple of month now.

Last week I tryed to render a scene with a distant planet, so I
created a sphere, scaled and translated it to a far distance.

As long as the planet is on the horizon, no problems. But as soon as I
want to raise the planet over the horizon line, it gets distorted. I
do not understand why. Can someone explain what I do wrong ?

Thanks.

Jester.

------------------------------

// Code starts here - this was rendered at a resolution of 720x576

#include "colors.inc"

camera {
	location <0, 6, 0>
	look_at   <0, 0, 100>
	right x*720/576
	up y
}

background { color rgb <0.2, 0.2, 0.3> }

light_source {
	<0, 100, -100>, White
}

object {
  sphere {
  	0, 1
  	texture {
  		pigment { Red }
  	}
  }
  scale 1000
  translate 10000*z
  rotate <-14, 25, 0>
  // If this is <0, 25, 0> then the sphere is not distorted
}

plane {
	y, -1
	texture {